Social media marketing is one of the newest and most effective forms of marketing. Whether you run a traditional business like this waterfall bathroom taps company, or have an online business like this personal trainer manchester does, social media is probably going to be part of your marketing strategy.
An online marketing agency should recognize the important contribution it makes to a strategic marketing plan but also works equally well on its own. Don’t ignore the potential of social media marketing and the benefits to your company. Here are some thoughts by marketing pros that you should definitely consider.
Why should you use social media marketing?
If you don’t then you can be certain that your competitors will. More and more businesses are using social media for the following reasons:
– Obtain feedback from your customers about your products or services.
– Find out how your business is perceived by your customer base.
– A suitable platform for establishing brand awareness
– Has a global reach Improve customer engagement
– Fosters loyalty and helps to develop long-term relationships
Help you to reach your target audience.
Peter Kloss runs the marketing for a universal socket set e-commerce store and Elderwerks and notes “One of the advantages of social media marketing is that it enables you to reach a particular group of customers. Your online marketing agency should discuss this in more detail, outlining the benefits of doing so and will help you to reach those potential customers. They will be able to research where your customers are spending time and formulate a strategy to engage them with your company.”
Two sides to social media
Carly Moss sells luxury candles online and notes “There are good and bad sides to social media. The ability to interact with others, sharing information, advice, and suggestions can be a force for good if used positively. If customers are positive about your business, then this will help build your reputation and encourage others to take an interest.”
Conversely, if someone leaves a negative comment or advises others against using your business, then the impact can be disastrous.
Deal with any negativity as soon as it arises. Be open and honest in your approach which will help restore your reputation.
How to use social media marketing
As with any form of marketing you need to devise a plan. This means having set of clear goals and objectives to be achieved within a timeframe.
This plan will include the following steps:
– Find out who your customers are and what they are saying about your business. Visit Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites.
– Constantly engage with your customers. Provide them with regular information which includes the latest news and special offers.
– Monitor the progress over a period. Make changes to the plan based on feedback received. Constant improvement is the key to success.